Daniel E. Macks <dma...@netspace.org> said:
> According to the Packaging Manual on Distribution support:
>
>   perl 5.8.6:  10.3, 10.4, 10.5
>
> which matches what I remember from previous discussions of deprecating
> old langversions. We don't support 10.3 in this tree and 10.4's
> system-perl is 5.8.6, but our perl586 package in current unstable is:

> And "some fraction" of our -pm586 module packages are also available
> on 10.6. But not all. Including not some that are dependencies of ones
> that are. Should we nuke 5.8.6 from 10.6 so we don't have to keep
> supporting such old stuff, and then fix the Distribution tags in
> -pm586, or should we go the other way and actually support it and fix
> the dep tree holes?

perl5.8.6 and the seven *586 variants have now been removed from 10.6.

I also checked for "586 is the highest variant available", and updated
all that were (officially or unofficially) unmaintained for which the
update was easy (i.e., not comparable to making a whole new package
from scratch due to upstream or version-specific changes). Active
maintainers were contacted and have had several weeks to upgrade. Some
are not upgraded because they are simply obsolete in various ways.

dan

--
Daniel Macks
dma...@netspace.org