Some consensus should be arrived at on how revisions should be set in the
10.7
tree relative to 10.4-EOL/10.4(aka 10.5). For example, take the package foobar
which
in 10.4 may have...

foobar.info with

Version: 1.0
Revision: 1000

foobar-x86_64.info with

Version: 1.0
Revision: 1001
Architecture: x86_64

so what should foobar in 10.7 be. I would argue for a full reset with...

foobar.info (no _x86_64 variant required)
Version: 1.0
Revision: 1

Otherwise, what is the correct answer?

foobar-1.0-1000
foobar-1.0-1001
foobar-1.0-1002

Unfortunately, I think extreme care will have to be taken when synchronizing the
trees since we will have lots of packages without x86_64 variants in 10.7 and
there is no longer a rationale for using the large revisions. It may even be
true
that have a rupture between Revision numbering may help remind the maintainers
that foobar.info in 10.4 is radically different from foobar.info in 10.7.
             Jack