[cross posted to -devel and -users.  reply to -devel]
[ Todai is cc'd since they maintain the older mysql-unified ]

I've managed to get the latest stable mysql (5.5.19) to build on 10.7
and pass all its tests.  However, I don't use mysql and have no idea if
it actually works.  So I'm putting this out to people who might find a
modern mysql in Fink to be useful and can actually test it.

You can find my .info and .patch files here:
<http://cvs.snaggledworks.com/viewvc.cgi/fink/3rdparty/main/finkinfo/database/>

Things to test:

1) ability to read/write databases.  I had to manually move $datadir
(which was being put into %p/data), so there's a small chance this might
be an issue

2) 10.5 and 10.6.  I've only tested on 10.7.  i386 and ppc users will
probably need to modify the Set*FLAGS fields to not declare x86_64. At
least one test that was disabled in x86_64 has a i386 version that might
fail there and would need to be disabled as well.

Things left to do:

1) The conflicts/replaces fields for the SplitOffs need to be added, but
since I don't know the exact relationship between the splitoffs, I have
not added them for now.

2) Desc* needs to be updated since it carries baggage from really old
mysql packages.

So, please test and give feedback on fink-devel.

Note: tests take 3+ hours.

Hanspeter