I think that this is exactly one of the cases we should be rooting out
(and that we are not currently able to detect). We do still have some
packages that are static-only libraries and maybe some executables, and
especially if also executables other packages tend to Depends on them.
That makes it difficult to upgrade them to be shared or for
backward-incompatible new libversions even if still static-only.

dan

On Tue, 24 Jan 2012 15:57:59 -0800, "David R. Morrison"