On Mon, May 06, 2013 at 09:02:34AM -0700, David R. Morrison wrote:

> On May 6, 2013, at 6:33 AM, Jack Howarth wrote:
>
> > On Sun, May 05, 2013 at 04:59:42PM -0700, David R. Morrison wrote:
> >> Jack,
> >>
> >> I get errors building the latest versions of gcc44 and gcc45 on 10.6, i386
> >> .  I have Xcode 3.2.6 but if that's too old, the packages should tell me
> >> so.  I reproduce the error msg from gcc44 below; the one from gcc45 was
> >> similar.  Based on the error msg, I guessed that maybe I needed to install
> >> texinfo-legacy but that didn't help.
> >>
> >>  -- Dave

Dave,
   I've already updated the gcc45 package files in the 10.5 tree to the last
gcc 4.5.4 release and
added patches to fix the build against texinfo 5.1. I also committed a similar
update of gcc44 to the
last 4.4.7 release and texinfo 5.1 patches added. These were tested on x86_64
fink 10.6 but should
work fine on i386 fink 10.6 as well.
          Jack