On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 22:11:20 -0600, TheSin <the...@southofheaven.org> wrote:
The new apt is much more strict on the fields in status files, to get
it to work I need to make a few minor changes to f-v-p, I spent lots of
time working on apt 0.9.82 trying to figure out why girts weren't
working and it turns out the parser was considering them invalid due to
missing fields like arch and priority.  So I made a quick patch which
is in my pull request and i'll attach it here as well.  I'd add it
myself but I'm not sure which branch and if it'll affect anything else
that uses f-v-p

> the current output looks like
>
> Package: 64bit-cpu
>
> I'd like to change it to look like
>
> Package: 64bit-cpu
> The presence of the 64bit-cpu package indicates that the CPU on which we
> are running is 64bit capable.
> .
> Web site: http://www.finkproject.org/faq/usage-general.php#virtpackage
> .
> Maintainer: Fink Devel <fink-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>

This change to --apt output looks reasonable to me. I talked to TheSin
in #fink yesterday, who confirmed that old apt would also accept it, so
I don't see harm in sending this to master now (rather than later as
part of the large apt upgrade work) (would also benefit anyone who's
experimenting with new debian tools of any sort).

Technical question: Is this really Architecture:all, given that it's
generated by a fink that is single-arch?

dan

  --
Daniel Macks
dma...@netspace.org