> On Mar 2, 2015, at 9:40 AM, Jack Howarth <howarth.at.f...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Alexander,
>     This is why I was pushing Hanspeter to expand the
> fink-buildenv-modules to provide XORG_INCL_PATH and XORG_LINK_PATH
> environmental variables which are automagically set appropriately for
> the OS release. As soon as those land in fink, I'll start to use them
> but I am waiting on Hanspeter here.
>            Jack

If he’s busy, then you can expect more bug reports for a while.

Personally, I’m updating my own packages to use the real X11 paths using the
existing environment variables in the current fink-buildenv-modules so that I
can just tweak the CompileScript when a fink-buildenv-modules update drops.

Nobody has commented on https://github.com/fink/fink/tree/still_mandate_usr_x11
<https://github.com/fink/fink/tree/still_mandate_usr_x11>, which would make the
presence of /usr/X11 mandatory for the virtual packages to be generated.
That’s another option, which may remove bug reports from package maintainers’
inboxes because it will replace compile errors with terse “Can’t install
x11-dev” dependency errors, but without changing the total number of such
reports.

I’m standing my ground against making /usr/X11R6 mandatory, though.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison