> On Oct 1, 2015, at 13:35, Kevin Horton <khorto...@rogers.com> wrote:
>
> I think fink 0.39.0 supports OS X 10.11, but I haven’t seen any official info
> to confirm this.  I’d like to update from OS X 10.10 to 10.11 soon.  What is
> the official path to do this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kevin Horton
> Ottawa, Canada

There’s no info because website updates have a fairly hideous workflow for me
to accomplish while at work. :-)

The official best upgrade path is to follow essentially the same steps as in
http://www.finkproject.org/download/10.10-upgrade.php?phpLang=en
<http://www.finkproject.org/download/10.10-upgrade.php?phpLang=en>, with the
following addenda:

1) Unchanged
1a)  Run “fink selfupdate” again because we’ve switched the distribution tree.
2) Unchanged
3) You want Xcode 7 or later.
4) Unchanged
5) Unchanged
6) Unchanged
7)  10.10 and 10.11 have the same Perl,  so you don’t need to do the optional
Perl install.  The passwd* optional step still applies.

--
Alexander Hansen, Ph.D.
Fink User Liaison