At 6:46 PM +0000 1/16/02, Finlay Dobbie wrote:
>On Wednesday, January 16, 2002, at 06:33  pm, Massimo Marino wrote:
>
>>This time I let it go without interfering: 3+ hrs!!! I have been
>>tempted to stop it again. So I guess during Optimizing it still
>>writes files and updates directories.
>
>Nah, optimizing just runs update_prebinding. Hmm... Odd that you
>should have lost lots of your headers... Points to disk corruption,
>or something like that.
>
>  -- Finlay

Indeed it is odd. In addition to some of OS X Framework.services
Header directories now /usr/include has additional sub directories
and previously almost empty [...]/ppc  ones are more populated. My
first explanation was that Optimizing is maybe moving files/dirs here
and there hence stopping the process make so to loose files/dirs.

All in all an odd experience. 3+ hrs!!! Gladily I had a meeting in between ;-)

Massimo