Hi,

Before I complain, thank you all for working on fink and porting
packages.

My question is this:  why does gnuplot depend on tetex?  The
simple answer, apparently, is "so that fink can build and install
the documentation, which comes as LaTeX source."

I have a transient (i.e., dialup) 56K connection to the internet,
and a non-tetex implementation of LaTeX, the combination of which
makes that dependency very inconvenient.

Short of hacking my local copy of gnuplot-3.7.1-4.info, is there a
good way for me to avoid having to download an entirely redundant
TeX system just to get gnuplot?  (I know I could just go to my
favorite gnu mirror and download it myself, but that'd defeat the
purpose of having fink in the first place.

Is making a gnuplot-no-doc package as simple as creating a new
".info" file without the tetex-base dependency and the two lines
of the installation script that build and install the postscript
versions of the documentation?  Or do I have to play with
something closer to dpkg/apt, too?

Would anyone else be interested in such a package?  Given a few
pointers in the right direction, I'd be happy to do the work to
make it happen.

Regards,
Dan

--
This email impairs your ability to operate heavy machinery.
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>