Ben Hines wrote:

> At 1:48 PM +0100 3/9/02, Martin Costabel wrote:
> >
> >The only annoying feature is that logging into a OSX machine takes
> >orders of magnitude longer than on any other machine (typically 30-40
> >seconds until the prompt appears, vs 1 or 2 seconds on Linux or
> >Solaris), but this has probably nothing to do with ssh, it's a new
> >'feature' of OSX-10.1.3.
> >

> Nothing like that here, it is fast with the 10.1.3 SSH. Any errors in
> your console/system logs? (however i havn't upgraded to 3.1 yet, if
> your comments were specific to that version?)

There are no errors in the system log. And since I see it on 3 different
machines, a 2000 iBook, a 2001 iMac and a 2001 G4, two of them with ssh
3.1, one with Apple's 3.0, and logging in via the login window on the
console is very slow, too, I don't blame it on ssh. When I use "ssh -v",
I see that the 30 sec wait comes after ssh has finished its business. It
must be something else. Well, I won't loose my sleep about this...

--
Martin