On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Zorro wrote:

> I'd still like to know how to set my display back to before I did
> setenv DISPLAY 0:0
> cause nothing will display now.

Well you can try "unsetenv DISPLAY", but that might also cause problems.
Actually, try "printenv DISPLAY" & see what you get back from that. For
some reason, I keep getting duplicated variables -- surely that can't be
right -- and the only way to fix it is to unsetenv the duplicates (which
gets rid of both instances) then setenv with a known good value.

Anyway, removing DISPLAY while X is running could be problematic, I dunno.
I'm thinking you can shut down X, then remove DISPLAY, then launch X. See
if you can run Mozilla or whatever. If not, then try a printenv to see if
the value is set (I would think so here), then try changing it *if* you're
having problems, but make note of the old value in case you need it later.

--
Chris Devers                                [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Apache / mod_perl / http://homepage.mac.com/chdevers/resume/

"More war soon. You know how it is."    -- mnftiu.cc