At 20:04 Uhr +0000 06.04.2002, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>Max Horn writes:
>
>>  At 18:34 Uhr +0000 06.04.2002, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
>>  >Hi
>>  >
>>  >I've been using Fink for a while, but after I fiddled a bit with my .tcshrc
>>  >file to add some settings, I accidentally removed the source /sw/ etc line.
>>  >So then I put it back in, but now Fink doesn't indicate that any packages
>>  >are installed, even though a lot are (lynx, xmms, xdarwin, freeciv, etc
>>  >etc)... What gives?
>>
>>  Err, what exactly are you deduciing this from? You mean that if you
>>  enter "fink list --installed" it will give you an empty list?
>>
>>  Max
>>  --
>>  -----------------------------------------------
>>  Max Horn
>>  Software Developer
>>
>>  email: <mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>  phone: (+49) 6151-494890
>
>Exactly.
>
>[cannedtunes:~] carthag% fink list installed
>Reading package info...
>Information about 288 packages read in 17 seconds.
>[cannedtunes:~] carthag%

Wow pretty bad. Something more must have happend that you just
changing your .tcshrc file, I believe.

What does your /sw/etc/fink.conf contain?
What do you get when you enter "fink --version"
If you have Fink 0.9.10, try "fink index"
What do you get when you enter this:
  find /sw/fink/dists/stable/ -name "*.info" | wc -l

Cheers,

Max