On Sunday, April 7, 2002, at 07:05  PM, Wizard Consulting wrote:

> However, I still notice that the X11R6 paths show up in my environmental
> path settings (i.e., what shows up in the "PATH=" section after typing
> the
> 'setenv' command in terminal mode).

If you got your X11 installation from Fink, type 'less /sw/bin/init.sh'
(or /sw/bin/init.csh if you don't use bash) and you will see the file
that is setting this path.  It is a standard path if you have this file
sourced in one of your configuration (dot)files, and you had it from the
first time you successfully used Fink whether you were using X11 at that
time or not.

It does little harm being there, but if you want to get rid of it you'll
have to change whichever file is setting it -- probably /sw/init/sh or
/sw/init/csh.

Erik