yesterday I reported that xmms would not work at all.

I had the "Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library"
which I was stupid to report, apparently, but I admit I was probably not specific enough then. My apologies for not being specific enough.

As I was trying to make it work (there was absolutely nothing: no sound, no interface although Process Viewer claimed xmms was on).

I had restarted twice XDarwin after that to see the same results.

Today, I restarted the whole computer, started XDarwin as usual. From an RXVT terminal, I started xmms... and it appeared, interface and all.

I wish this is useful for someone.

Yes. I am a newbie.