Alexander Hansen wrote:

> Hmm.  I was hoping that a new version would get downloaded.
>
> Unfortunately, the download sites for sourceforge got changed, so you have
> a bad tarball.  Try downloading it manually via the link (packages
> tarball) on http://fink.sourceforge.net/download/upgrade.php .
> Unfortunately, I don't know how to make the system use the manually
> downloaded tarball other than to follow the instructions for updating a
> really old fink version (untar the tarball and run the inject.pl script
> that's inside it).

Another possibility: Change manually the mirror list that tells curl
from where to download the package list:

Change the file /sw/lib/fink/mirror/sourceforge so that it contains the lines

Primary: http://west.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/
Timestamp: 2002-05-05
eur-BE: http://belnet.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/
nam-US: http://telia.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/
nam-US: http://unc.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/

Then fink selfupdate should get the packages list from one of the
working mirrors.

--
Martin