> It does work fine on 10.2 but that's nothing to do with this. You
> simply have a very slow system it seems.

How can his problem be due to a slow system, if it worked in a tenth the
time prior to 0.10? Clearly SOMETHING about 0.1 interacts with his
system differently than it had.

I'd trade him though. Here's my prob on my iMac:

[Indigo:~] jkfisher% fink selfupdate-cvs
sudo /sw/bin/fink  selfupdate-cvs
Password:

I will now run the cvs command to retrieve the latest package
descriptions.
The 'su' command will be used to run the cvs command as the user
'jkfisher'.
After that, the core packages will be updated right away; you should then
update the other packages using commands like 'fink update-all'.

su jkfisher -c 'cvs -z3 update -d -P'
Good Morning, Captain.

kCGErrorIllegalArgument : initCGDisplayState: cannot map display
interlocks.
kCGErrorIllegalArgument : CGSNewConnection cannot get connection port
kCGErrorIllegalArgument : CGSNewConnection cannot get connection port
kCGErrorInvalidConnection : CGSGetEventPort: Invalid connection
### execution of su failed, exit code 1
Failed: Updating using CVS failed. Check the error messages above.
[Indigo:~] jkfisher%

What be up with that, yo? Works beautifully on my iBook though. (and am
very glad to finally have the cleanup command. Good job, as always! )

------
John Kenneth Fisher