On Mon, 2002-08-12 at 11:57, Dylan Foley wrote:

> However, I'm now experiencing another, less drastic problem. It seems
> that the mosfet-liquid package is no longer working. I get a lot of
> messages like the following in my kde start up log:
>
> QSettings::sync: filename is null/empty
> Conflict in /sw/lib/kde3/plugins//styles/liquid.so:
>   Plugin cannot be queried successfully!
>
> Is this related to having installed the new xfree86? Any suggestions?
> Thanks again.

No, it is related to trolltech breaking Qt plugin binary compatibility
in QT 3.0.5.  my guess is somewhere along the way you did an update-all
and it upgraded you from Qt 3.0.4 (which the kde bindist was built
against) to 3.0.5.

The only fix is to rebuild mosfet-liquid.  If you want to use any of
KDE's built-in styles, you will need to rebuild kdelibs and arts as well
(not sure, but I don't think kdebase needs a rebuild).

--
Ben Reed a.k.a. Ranger Rick ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
http://defiance.dyndns.org/ / http://radio.scenespot.org/