After rebuilding all for OSX 10.2.1 Jaguar
I don't have any problems with gnome, KDE3, xpdf and all kind of emacs
etc.

One problem I saw (until now) is minicom which does expect the
/dev/ttyS0 but not /dev/ttys0
Apple is providing (the minicom is being used on a Wallstreet PB G3).
The capital S is crucial. A work around is setting a link. But of
course after a reboot this is gone.

Thanks to the maintainer of the packages in fink!!!
The process of rebuilding was sometimes awful - mainly due to
dependency issues.
Some advertisement:
ccache is really valuable:
 > ccache -s
cache hit                           1010
cache miss                          4629
called for link                      455
multiple source files                 41
compile failed                        84
preprocessor error                   232
not a C/C++ file                     373
autoconf compile/link               2535
unsupported compiler option          175
no input file                        135
files in cache                      9444
cache size                         135.5 Mbytes

Peter Kostka