Quoting Baptiste Cecconi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi fink-users !
>
> I've manually installed Ghostscript 7.05.5 from scratch. I needed the
> Gimp-Print drivers + X11 ones, so I didn't use the ESP version (it
> doesn't include X11 drivers), I recompiled GS with all the drivers in
> it. It works perfectly with teTeX.
>
> Then I wanted to install GV. As GS is already installed, I tried the
> 'system-ghostscript' package... it doesn't work complaining that
> there is no ghostscript 6.01 installed. OK fink is roght here, but a
> newer version is installed, so how can I get my manually installed GS
> seen by fink ?

I ran into a similar problem getting Imagemagick to install.  My solution
was to copy the imagemagick-x.xx.info file from the unstable tree over to
my local tree and eliminate the ghostscript dependency from my local version.
I also looked at the system-ghostscript-6.01.info file but the change
to make it version independent looks more involved.  It tests for ghostscript
by looking for files on a gs 6.01 specific filepath in /usr/local and
makes a bunch of soft links from /sw/bin to /usr/local, so several lines
have to be changed or rewritten to make it version generic, where the
imagemagick dependency fix was made by deleting one word.

> I'm using Jaguar and the corresponding fink version (0.11.0-1).

Same here, but I installed the ESP packaged gs 7.05.5.

Steve Wall