scmarcos wrote:
At 5:30 PM -0500 11/10/2002, Koen van der Drift wrote:

Hi,

I just saw your message about gimp failing to compile. I have the exact
same error as you described. There was no reply to your post in the archive
- did you figure out how to solve it?

thanks,

- Koen.

No, Koen, I never did get it to compile, however
sudo apt-get install gimp gives the same version 1.2.3-9
as what is in the unstable 10.1 tree.
Which means, of course, that the guy who compiled the binary distribution did not have any problem compiling gimp. Nor did I ever, neither under 10.1 nor under 10.2.

On 10.1 (on 10.2, it's in libSystem.dylib), the _strtok_r symbol should be defined in /sw/lib/libgnomesupport.0.0.0.dylib. If it is not found, then either that library has to be recompiled ("fink rebuild gnome-libs") or some symlinks between libraries are missing, for example because the gnome-libs-dev package is not installed.

As far as getting any help on 10.1 these days from the list
is dang near impossible since 10.1 is no longer maintained
and apparently no longer unsupported.
You are wrong. There is a perfectly fine binary distribution for 10.1 that came out long after Jaguar was released, and any bugs reported on the 10.1 packages will be fixed if possible.

OTOH, you are right in the sense that problems coming from faulty user installations of fink under 10.1 don't get the attention from the fink developers any more that those under 10.2 will get.

The remaining users of 10.1 will have to stick together more closely and try to hunt down and fix their problems on their own.

--
Martin