At 3:29 PM +0100 11/11/02, Martin Costabel wrote:

On 10.1 (on 10.2, it's in libSystem.dylib), the _strtok_r symbol should be defined in /sw/lib/libgnomesupport.0.0.0.dylib. If it is not found, then either that library has to be recompiled ("fink rebuild gnome-libs") or some symlinks between libraries are missing, for example because the gnome-libs-dev package is not installed.

So I did a rebuild of gnome-libs, and then tried to compile gimp again. I still get the same error about _strtok_r missing. All packages that gimp depends on build without errors.

Here are the last few lines again:

gimp-1.2.3-9/gimp-1.2.3/libgimp/.libs -L/sw/lib -L../../libgimp/.libs
-lgimpui -L/usr/X11R6/lib
-L/sw/src/gimp-1.2.3-9/gimp-1.2.3/plug-ins/libgck/gck/.libs -lgimp
-lgtkxmhtml -lXpm -ljpeg -lpng -lz -lSM -lICE -lgtk -lgdk -lgmodule -lglib
-ldl -lXext -lX11 -lm -lintl -liconv
/usr/bin/ld: warning multiple definitions of symbol _locale_charset
/sw/lib/libintl.dylib(localcharset.lo) definition of _locale_charset
/sw/lib/libiconv.dylib(localcharset.lo) definition of _locale_charset
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_strtok_r
make[3]: *** [helpbrowser] Error 1
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all-recursive-am] Error 2
### execution of make failed, exit code 2
Failed: compiling gimp-1.2.3-9 failed

Maybe the problem is in the warning about multiple definitions of symbol _locale_charset?

Or is there another way to fix this? I could install from binary, but I also want to make sure the cause of the problem gets fixed.

Any ideas?

thanks,

- Koen.