Ben Hines wrote:

Several people explained what you did wrong, but you didn't hear them apparently. You can't just remove files installed by fink. If you manually remove something, fink will think you have it installed still, and you will have to "fink reinstall" it. Fink's xaw3d package installs libraries outside of /sw (into /usr/X11R6/lib/) which you deleted.

don't take it wrong, but i did understand that. The xfree install i've remove was the binary install from XonX, not the xfree packages from Fink. I thought I had made that clear, but forgive me if I don't speak english well enough :-(

anyway, i've probably done something wrong and the terminal crash during the "fink install sawfish" may have contributed to this mess too.

Thanks to everybody for your valuable help,

Pejvan