Did I make my point? or should I quote some more stuff?

I'm afraid I found this almost impossible to follow with all of the nested quotes, etc.

I'm assuming this isn't just random ranting and raving. If so, could you please formulate the complaint very concisely and back it up with arguments presented in some sort of logical hierarchy so that someone like me, who would like to have faster-running X-windows programs but basically has no idea what you are talking about, can understand it? If you do this carefully, you are much more likely to convince someone to take up the cause (although I wouldn't count on Ashcroft's DOJ; they are too preoccupied with scrapping the Bill of Rights, Articles 1,3-10). You could even make a web page, which would probably be more effective anyway. Just be very careful to stick to facts so you don't wind up providing a meal for their libel attorneys.

Bill Scott