Albert Lunde wrote:
[]
I'd like to know if their are files that I can copy between systems
to move 1) source code, 2) fink pre-built binary packages or 3)
packages I've built myself.
1) The source tarballs are downloaded to /sw/src. If you put them there on the new machine, fink will find them there, you can just say "fink install whatever".

2) If you install a binary package via apt-get, it is downloaded to /sw/var/cache/apt/archives/
If you install it via dselect, AFAIK the downloaded file is deleted after installation.

3) Your self-compiled packages are stored in the /sw/fink/dists//*stable/*/binary-darwin-powerpc/*/ directories.

Both in 2) and 3), the binaries are packaged in *.deb files. You can place them anywhere and install them using "sudo dpkg -i whatever.deb".

dpkg will tell you about unmet dependencies, and to fulfill them you can put several debs on one dpkg -i command line.

--
Martin