Apple's X11.app seems to be working for me. I used FinkCommander to remove xfree-rootless and shlibs threaded, force removed base, and removed base shlibs. I then installed both Apple's users X11 and the SDK (Safari makes that so easy with it's automatic decompress/mount/install). I also installed system-xfree without a problem. It's working peachy-keen and X11 is so fast and smooth now. :-)

One problem I noticed though, is that the path in the xterm in X11.app when using quartz-wm as the window manager doesn't have /sw in the path anymore. My .xinitrc wasn't written over, whether or not I chose the option for it to when I installed X11.app. I have "source /sw/bin/init.sh" in my .xinitrc file along with "exec quartz-wm", but my path is now:

PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Users/thom:/usr/X11R6/bin

I have no idea why the "source" doesn't seem to be working.

Any ideas how I can get the path to set properly again?

--

Thom