Thom Peters II wrote:
[]
PATH=/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin:/Users/thom:/usr/X11R6/bin

I have no idea why the "source" doesn't seem to be working.
This is one of the (probably still quite numerous) bugs of this public beta. They start the xterm before reading .xinitrc.
Any ideas how I can get the path to set properly again?
I would kill this xterm immediately. It has not even scroll bars. Start a decent one from your .xinitrc (or from a Termial.app command line). This will then have the right path.

--
Martin