On Tue, 7 Jan 2003 23:14:13 -0600
Andrew Hartung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 09:45  PM, Kow K wrote:
> > Anyway, if you don't have the package XXX running on your system, you
> > can safely delete .XXX directory with "rm -rf XXX".
> >

> I know, it would just be a nice little feature no to have to go clean
> up after a remove. Kind of like preference files, not a big deal to do
> it manually, but just an annoying extra step, especially if the
> application give the pref file some bizarre name. Too bad Spring
> Cleaning is such a worthless app.

Don't forget that at the core, Unix is a *multi-user*, *networking*
operating system.  If I log in as root, whose private configuration
files should "fink remove <package>" remove?  If I decide to move
an application to another computer and use it there remotely, how
ticked off would I be if I removed the application from this computer
and my config files disappeared along with it?

HTH,
Dan

--
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>