On Wednesday, January 8, 2003, at 02:20  AM, Harry Erwin wrote:
On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 10:16  PM, S Woodside wrote:
On Tuesday, January 7, 2003, at 04:28  PM, Heidi Shah wrote:
PS - Really hoping this doesn't signal the gradual end of Fink.
Why would it? Apple's hardly made a "we'll port everything" indication today. But having them do X11 is logical because, heck, you need it for everything else (GUI).
I think it's to appease makers of commercial unix software--like Mathworks. Matlab uses X11 for display.

Also, we know that Apple is skittish about GPL'ed software--which happens to be fink's speciality.
I'll be testing out Matlab this week with the new X11. Wish me luck...

HELLO! It's about one thing and one thing only: STOPPING TENON.

Yes Apple needed to get Hardware OpenGL Support back into XFree86...
because Tenon was driving people like Harry Erwin away from the Mac Platform.

Tenon was harming the Mac Platform with criminal racketeering
to prevent XonX from releasing it... people were going elsewhere!

We're the only platform who had to suffer a bully
who wouldn't let us have Hardware OpenGL Support,
something free in the first place,
unless we paid them the "protection" money.

lenny bruce I am not a comedian,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] I am Lenny Bruce.