For the moment, I think this is the best solution:

Install the Apple X11.

sudo mv /usr/X11R6 /usr/X11R6_bak
sudo mv /etc/X11 /etc/X11_bak

fink install xfree86-base-threaded
fink install xfree86-rootless-threaded

cp /usr/X11R6_bak/bin/Xquartz /usr/X11R6/bin
cp /usr/X11R6_bak/bin/quartz-wm /usr/X11R6/bin
cp /usr/X11R6_bak/lib/libapplexp.1.0.dylib /usr/X11R6/lib

Apple's X11 should fire up just fine.  If you use a .xinitrc, use Apple's
window manager quartz-wm, like this on the last line:

exec quartz-wm

It works for me quite well.  You end up with a threaded X windows install
with apple's X11.

On 1/8/03 3:44 PM, "Justin Hallett" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> scribed: