On Wednesday, January 15, 2003, at 05:42  PM, Don Thompson wrote:

Dear List-Members,

I have recently removed my old Fink installation. I then down loaded the Fink 0.5.0a Binary Installer and attempted to install the new version. This failed apparently because I have set-up a symbolic link to a second hard drive. Is this feature of the installer a bug or is it to protect people from installing over an older version?

Either way could some tell me how to perform an install to a symbolically linked /sw directory?

1. Remove /sw
2. Install.
3. Move /sw to another drive ("ditto" is good to use)
4. Create /sw symlink to new location.

We will make this easier in the future.

-Ben

This SF.NET email is sponsored by: A Thawte Code Signing Certificate is essential in establishing user confidence by providing assurance of authenticity and code integrity. Download our Free Code Signing guide: