At 8:01 PM -0800 1/16/03, Ben Hines wrote:
On Thursday, January 16, 2003, at 07:44  PM, Kevin Horton wrote:

cc -O -DDARWIN -Wall -O2 -DPPC_ENDIAN -DUSE_ESD -I/sw/include -c -o mpg123.o mpg123.c
mpg123.c:9: header file 'stdlib.h' not found
mpg123.c:10: header file 'sys/types.h' not found
mpg123.c:12: header file 'sys/wait.h' not found
Looks like your developer tools install is corrupt.

Do you have /usr/include/stdlib.h?

If not reinstall the december 2002 developer tools.

-Ben
Ben,

Thanks for the hint. /usr/include/stdlib.h was not present. It looks like I got a bit too clever when I customized the Developer Tool installation. I wanted to save some disk space, so I tried to interpret the descriptions of the various components to figure out whether they were relevant to compiling with Fink. I obviously didn't know what I was doing.

For those of us trying to save disk space it would be useful if the Fink Documentation included some info on which parts of the Developer Tools installation are really needed, and which parts can be safely not installed, or trashed.

Thanks,

Kevin