Title: Re: [Fink-users] Re: Removing KDE
Thu Jan 23 09:35:36 EST 2003
To me this sounds like a peck and shoot method. Keep shooting until you hit something... then see where the thread of "can't remove dependecies" takes you.

I only appeared to have the bundle-kde-ssl installed so just for the heck of it I tried:

dpkg -r bundle-kde-ssl

and that seemed to complete fine, but didn't really affect the fink list- still have all sorts of fink crap.

Also - I tried removing "arts" and one of the errors indicating a dependency was for mplayer. I use mplayer so I don't reallywant to disable that - but it doesn't even appear to me to be a kde app.

So the long and short of this is still.... how can I easily remove all kde elements without destroying my fink installation?

----------------------
> Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2003 17:02:05 -0800
> Subject: Re: [Fink-users] Re: Removing KDE
> Cc: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> To: "C. Posey" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> From: Kow K <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I would suggest a try to do "fink remove bundle-kde bundle-koffice" or
> "fink remove bundle-kde-ssl" if you have SSL-enabledversion.

> With dpkg, exactly what you need to remove isn't clear, but the tip is
> this:

> 1.  first try "dpkg -r kdebase3"or whatever you like without
     "--ignore-depends" option. This gives you a lot of dependency warnings