On 1/25/03 4:52 PM, "Fred Dushin" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anyone else have this problem with nedit on Apple X11 Beta?  Open a
> document from within an nedit window.  The new window should lock until
> the original window is closed.  I get a blinking cursor, but no
> selection, no scrollbars, etc.  Just the (Aqua) window decorations.
>
> The problem does not appear when running a remote nedit (Linux, in my
> test case) on a local OS X server.  Just a native nedit on OS X.
> (Could not try the other way around)
>
> Using nedit 5.3 off of fink 0.5.1.  Same problems using an older nedit
> (from fink-4) on Apple's X server, and had the same problems.
>
> /Fred

Same problem here, using either Apple X11 or XDarwin. Digging around the
nedit archives, several people suggested that it's a problem with LessTif.

A work-around (hopefully temporary) is to first choose File:New. Then in the
new window open the document using the File:Open... command. Also, choosing
documents from File:Open Previous seems to work fine

I tried compiling against OpenMotif instead of LessTif, but then closing a
window kills the entire app.

Sure would like to find a fix for this. Nedit is truly one of the killer
apps available for X11.

--
Sincerely,

Brooks