I've tried compiling with OpenMotif before. Seems to fix the split windows
problem and also the File:Open problem.

The one bug I've experienced is that when you have multiple windows open,
clicking the close window button crashes the whole program. A work-around is
to select Close from the File menu or type <Ctrl>-W instead.

--
Sincerely,

Brooks