Indeed I had this version of APPLE X11 installed. I withdrew it and
reinstalled Xfree86 but perhaps I forgot something.

Le mercredi, 12 mars 2003, à 20:45 Europe/Paris, Benjamin Reed a écrit :

Jean-maurice Le Clech wrote:
Since a long time I try to update kde but only succeeded for arts, for the
others I always have a failure of compilation of this kind:
... last lines of the output ...
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.2.dylib(StrKeysym.o) definition of __XkeyTable
/usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.dylib(StrKeysym.o) definition of __XkeyTable
ld: /usr/X11R6/lib/libxkbfile.a(xkbtext.o) illegal reference to symbol: _XKeysymToString defined in indirectly referenced dynamic library /usr/X11R6/lib/libX11.6.2.dylib
### execution of /var/tmp/tmp.0.Y8UCXk failed, exit code 2
Failed: compiling kdebase3-3.1-18 failed

Do you have the old (version 0.1) Apple X11 installed? The first part looks like an error from that. If not, I need more context of the error to see what needs to be changed...

Jean-Maurice