On Thursday, August 28, 2003, at 10:02 AM, Viv Kendon wrote:

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Martin Costabel wrote:

"master:master:master:master...", huh?

This seems to have been the same problem. The thread doesn't offer a
clear explanation of this phenomenon, but fink (the package) was changed
on 13 June because of this.

What version of fink do you have? The change would have been between
0.13.2 and 0.13.3.

This bug has always been there since I implemented the mirroring stuff. I fixed at least one occurrence of it, but I think it still exists, i heard one report of it a while back and haven't changed anything after that.

Probably some error in my hackish newbie perl code. :)

Unfortunately the master mirror concept doesn't work, because our (one) master mirror doesn't actually update on any kind of reasonable schedule. I'd hoped for hourly, it 'tries' to do it daily, and we really get 'a few times a month'.

-Ben