I did that, then a 'fink update-all', refetched gnucash, but get the same error. there is no libfreetype.la anywhere on my machine.

grep: /sw/lib/libfreetype.la: No such file or directory sed: /sw/lib/libfreetype.la: No such file or directory libtool: link: `/sw/lib/libfreetype.la' is not a valid libtool archive