Hi all,

I've just installed Fink 0.6.2 + FinkCommander 0.5.1 over a brand new MacOS 10.3.1, and have the following problems:

1. After enabling both the unstable and cryptography trees through FC's preferences, I miss some packages, e.g.
- sodipodi (available in current-10.3-unstable and current-10.2-gcc3.3-unstable) is in FC's table,
- sketch (available in the same trees) is not in FC's table.
- other packages (e.g. epstool) are missing.

2. I've tried to run selfupdate, and after hitting Return after bieng prompted for the password for the anonymous CVS server I get the following message:

cvs [login aborted]: connect to cvs.sourceforge.net:2401 failed: Connection refused
### execution of cvs failed, exit code 1
Failed: Logging into the CVS server for anonymous read-only access failed.

I explained my issue on the FinkCommander-users list, and following Alexander Hansen's advice tried this:

a. Ran "fink selfupdate-rsync".

I got the following error messages:

(...)
I will now run the rsync command to retrieve the latest package descriptions.

Warning: stable/main exists in fink.conf, but is not on rsync server. Skipping.
Warning: stable/crypto exists in fink.conf, but is not on rsync server. Skipping.
Warning: unstable/crypto exists in fink.conf, but is not on rsync server. Skipping.
Warning: unstable/main exists in fink.conf, but is not on rsync server. Skipping.
find . -name CVS | xargs rm -rf
rsync -az -v rsync://master.us.finkmirrors.net/finkinfo//VERSION /sw/fink/VERSION
rsync: failed to connect to master.us.finkmirrors.net: Connection refused
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-11/rsync/clientserver.c(83)
### execution of rsync failed, exit code 10
(...)
(lots of stuff coming out for about half an hour)
The core packages have been updated. You should now update the other packages
using commands like 'fink update-all'.

But I still had only 1675 packages in my FC table, and neither sketch nor epstool had shown up.

b. Tied once more "fink selfupdate". This time the process was much quicker, and gave me the following messages:

I will now run the rsync command to retrieve the latest package descriptions.

Warning: stable/main exists in fink.conf, but is not on rsync server. Skipping.
Warning: stable/crypto exists in fink.conf, but is not on rsync server. Skipping.
Warning: unstable/crypto exists in fink.conf, but is not on rsync server. Skipping.
Warning: unstable/main exists in fink.conf, but is not on rsync server. Skipping.
find . -name CVS | xargs rm -rf
rsync -az -v rsync://master.us.finkmirrors.net/finkinfo//VERSION /sw/fink/VERSION
rsync: failed to connect to master.us.finkmirrors.net: Connection refused
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-11/rsync/clientserver.c(83)
### execution of rsync failed, exit code 10
touch stamp-rsync-live && rm -f stamp-cvs-live
Information about 1675 packages read in 1 seconds.
No packages to install.

The core packages have been updated. You should now update the other packages
using commands like 'fink update-all'.

But still only 1675 packages in FC.

Thanks in advance,

Hervé

------------------------------------------------------- This SF.net email is sponsored by: SF.net Giveback Program. Does SourceForge.net help you be more productive? Does it help you create better code? SHARE THE LOVE, and help us help YOU! Click Here: http://sourceforge.net/donate/ _______________________________________________ Fink-users mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/fink-users