On Mar 7, 2004, at 2:20 PM, Ian Johnson wrote:

Yesterday, I had some problems compiling guile (as part of the bundle-gnome 2.4 convenience package) that were solved by removing gawk. Now I am having similar problems compiling graphviz, but gawk is listed as a dependency for this package, and I can't get it to install without gawk. Here is the end of the Terminal text:

[snip]

echo timestamp > arrows.lo
sed s/_//g color_names | sort +0 -1 > color_lib
gawk -f ../../dotneato/awk/colortbl.awk color_lib > colortbl.h
make[3]: *** [colortbl.h] Error 139
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2
### execution of make failed, exit code 2
Failed: compiling graphviz-1.10-1 failed

Couple of possibilities.

1. You have another gawk somewhere or you made a link somewhere that's getting used instead of the gawk you want. Typing 'which gawk' should give you fink's gawk.

2.. The problem is with the previous sed command that creates the input for the gawk command. Do you have fink's sed installed? If so, try removing it.

Good luck,
James