I formerly used Norton AntiVirus for Mac, but stopped when it triggered kernel panics under Jaguar at the end of Fink compiles.

Can anyone who is using Fink to compile from source tell me whether or not the current version of NAV-M causes any such problems under OS 10.3.2 or 10.3.3 ?

I apologize if my question is dumb:

why would you want to run an anti-virus when the number of viruses on Mac OS X is 0.0 ?

On the one hand, I do not wish to accidentally, passively, pass Windows viruses to Windows users with whom I correspond.

And on the other hand, I want to catch that first OS X virus when it eventually appears....