Hi,

I'm running OSX 10.3, which had python originally installed. However, during one of my installations from fink, python is installed, which means I have 2 copies of python on my system. When I type "python" in the terminal, the fink's python came up. I did a sys.path and this is what it shows

['', '/sw/lib/python23.zip', '/sw/lib/python2.3', '/sw/lib/python2.3/plat-darwin', '/sw/lib/python2.3/plat-mac', '/sw/lib/python2.3/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages', '/sw/lib/python2.3/lib-tk', '/sw/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload', '/sw/lib/python2.3/site-packages', '/sw/lib/python2.3/site-packages/Numeric']

However, since there is the apple's python in my system as well, when I clicked on a .py file, it may or may not work, as all my 3rd party python framework installations goes into fink's python. This is the error that I get,

mauricel% "/usr/bin/pythonw" "/Users/mauriceling/Desktop/examples/python.py" && echo Exit status: $? && exit 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/mauriceling/Desktop/examples/python.py", line 9, in ?
import pexpect
ImportError: No module named pexpect


"pexpect" is installed in /sw/lib/python2.3/site-package.

How can I change my system so that it uses fink's python, instead of apple's python (pythonw)?

When I type in "pythonw" in terminal to run python and do sys.path, this is what I get

['', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python23.zip', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/plat-darwin', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/plat-mac', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/plat-mac/lib-scriptpackages', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/lib-tk', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/lib-dynload', '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.3/lib/python2.3/site-packages']

My problem is that these directories are no longer in existence since I've deleted them in the process of uninstalling MacPython.

In short, my question is, how can I dump away with apple python and use fink python totally?

Thanks
Cheers
Maurice
begin:vcard
fn:Maurice Ling
n:Ling;Maurice
org:The University of Melbourne;Department of Zoology
adr:;;Gate 12, Genetics Lane;Parkville;Victoria;3010;Australia
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Probatory Ph.D. Candidate
tel;cell:+61 4 22781753
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.geocities.com/beldin79/
version:2.1
end:vcard

Reply via email to