Thank you for the reply and for the help. I will probably update apt as soon as possible. With regards to the xfig solution, there is then a few problems with that. The first is that it doesn't appear as if the Global Settings save themselves for future use, which seems odd (I would expect a .xfig pref file in my home directory, but I do not see anything), so one needs to change those repeatedly. The second is that one must do the same thing with acroread. Then, one runs into the problem when using Grace (xmgrace) where there is no preference anywhere from what I can find where the user specifies this. To combat this, I made 2 symlinks to /usr/bin/open and named them netscape and acroread and now the programs like Grace that have the netscape hardcoded into them can open the Help files. Would it be possible to have these symlinks in the /sw/bin directory tree and for it to work when programs like xfig and Grace call for help? Thanks.

-Anthony