Alexander,

I'm just trying to install the command-line Subversion client on my PowerBook, but "fink install svn-client" eventually tells me that it doesn't appreciate the fact that i've Apple's X11 installed. Why is a command-line client to a version control system dependent on X11? Am I installing the correct package? I just want to run svn from a terminal window, is all ...

You have to have the X11 SDK package to install *anything* that needs X headers (via Fink or otherwise) rom source:

http://fink.sourceforge.net/faq/usage-packages.php#apple-x11-wants- xfree86

This was the problem (I installed the X11SDK and everything went well). Thank you very much for politely pointing me at that which I should have read first, anyway :-)

Regards,

John

Falling You - exploring the beauty of voice and sound
New album, "Touch", available now
http://www.magnatune.com/artists/falling_you