Well, allow me to send what I sent to Martin earlier. After executing scanpackages, installing emacsen-common generated the following error. I already got one recommendation on what to do, but if I may bother the list again.

The package 'emacsen-common' will be installed.
The following package will be installed or updated:
emacsen-common
dpkg -i /sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/editors/emacsen- common_1.4.15-1_darwin-powerpc.deb
(Reading database ... 58286 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace emacsen-common 1.4.15-1 (using .../emacsen-common_1.4.15-1_darwin-powerpc.deb) ...
/sw/var/lib/dpkg/info/emacsen-common.prerm: line 6: /sw/lib/emacsen-common/emacs-package-remove: No such file or directory
dpkg: warning - old pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
dpkg - trying script from the new package instead ...
/sw/var/lib/dpkg/tmp.ci/prerm: line 6: /sw/lib/emacsen-common/emacs-package-remove: No such file or directory
dpkg: error processing /sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/editors/emacsen- common_1.4.15-1_darwin-powerpc.deb (--install):
subprocess new pre-removal script returned error exit status 1
/sw/var/lib/dpkg/info/emacsen-common.postinst: line 45: /sw/lib/emacsen-common/emacs-package-install: No such file or directory
dpkg: error while cleaning up:
/sw/fink/dists/unstable/main/binary-darwin-powerpc/editors/emacsen- common_1.4.15-1_darwin-powerpc.deb
### execution of dpkg failed, exit code 1
Failed: can't install package emacsen-common-1.4.15-1

Payam
------
"...who search the reason of things
Are those who bring the most sorrow on themselves."
    --Euripides, The Medea