That is a good point.

If you do find yourself in that situation you can just

xhost + (newIP or name)

and you are back in business.

If you're behind an X firewall you can just

xhost +

(that was my situation)

Thanks,

Jim N.

On Mar 4, 2005, at 2:00 PM, mathias meyer wrote:

check out the xhost command:

NAME
       xhost - server access control program for X

SYNOPSIS
       xhost [[+-]name ...]

DESCRIPTION
The xhost program is used to add and delete host names or user names to
the list allowed to make connections to the X server.

hth

mathias