Aron Trauring <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

[snip]

> So I said no problemo. I'll just edit the dependencies in the gnucahs.info
> file. Then it failed on "bonobo-dev" so I changed that to "libbonob2-dev".
> But then I got:
>
> Failed: Can't resolve dependency "gnome-core-dev (>= 1.4.1-4)" for package
> "gnucash-1.8.11-1" (no matching packages/versions found)
>
> At this point I am stymied since I see no obvious equivalent and I wonder in
> any case if gnucash is compatible with gnome2 or still requires the 1.4
> libraries.
>
> Any suggestions since i see I am not the only one having problems with
> gnucash.

As explained at http://www.gnucash.org/, gnucash is still a gnome 1.x
application, not a gnome 2.x application.

And unfortunately, some of the gnome 1.x libraries do not yet work on
Tiger.  Since I don't understand the problems with them, I can't estimate
when this might be fixed.

  -- Dave

(gnucash maintainer cc'd)