On Jul 27, 2005, at 10:29 PM, Jean-François Mertens wrote:

This is not the right fix. The pkg depends on pygtk2, and its header file pygtk/pygtk.h
is in %p/include/pygtk-2.0 _ and does include pygobject.h .
So the errors you get come from the fact that that the (many) flags -I/sw/include precede -I/sw/include/pygtk-2.0 in the command line (which is an error in the pkg), and that you
have a file %p/include/pygtk/pygtk.h, installed by pygtk-py23.

So a proper fix would be of the style
_ either to get -I/sw/include/pygtk-2.0 earlier on the command line ( use of CPPFLAGS, at worst a 'SetCC: gcc -I/sw/include/pygtk-2.0', or patching the build (setup.py ?), etc). _ or to replace the #include <pygtk/pygtk.h> by #include <pygtk-2.0/pygtk/pygtk.h>

Thanks, it looked like it was rather an internal problem of the included pygtk.h, I just did not
investigate long enough to come up with a cleaner fix.
This also compiles after removing pygtk and pygtk-py23, so making that package Conflicts:
might also be a solution...

Besides, I have no freetype-like (or other) problems _ the pkg is duly linked to freetype219.

As I mentioned there have been attempts already to get /usr/X11R6 out of the include path, but apparently not successfully so on all systems - are you running 10.3. or 10.4?

But applying your suggestion to the freetype problem, I put
'SetCPPFLAGS: -I%p/lib/freetype219/include/freetype2'
and this indeed got the matplotlib build fixed. Next however, the basemap compile would fail due to errors from the proj headers (strangely, this part seemed to work before! But I also did not see an explicit dependency on proj, maybe you can set it up to build without that package
installed...?).
I got this to work by upgrading to proj-4.4.9; matplotlib now also gives me some warnings
about missing fonts, but otherwise 0.83.1 seems to work.

Thanks,
                                        Derek