On Aug 19, 2005, at 12:52 AM, Samuel Herschbein wrote:

This algorithm worked to get pango1-xft past the __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart issue:
> apt-get install pango1-xft2
> apt-get install glib2
> fink install pango1-xft2

What versions of pango1-xft2 and glib2 do you have now? One of your posts on another thread said you've now got glib2-2.8.0-122. Is this the case or did you downgrade it or do a clean reinstall of Fink? I'llt to assume the latter (see below). It's important for us to know what versions worked and what didn't.

But then I found other packages with the __cg_jpeg_resync_to_restart issue...

It would be nice to mention what those are, so that others with the same problem can benefit and so that we can look for a common thread as to what's causing this. Also important is whether this was seen in binary or source installs (your description sounds like the former).

1) Will the above algorithm work if all packages dependent on glib2 are apt-get befreo glib2?

To be honest, I don't see how your 'algorithm' could do anything. What it looks like you did based on your description above was (clarify if I'm wrong)

0) Do a clean reinstall of Fink
1) Try to install the binary distribution version of pango1-xft2, which failed 2) Install the binary distribution version of glib2--I don't see how this would worked, given that glib2 had to have been installed to install pango1-xft2j 3) Install a version of pango1-xft2 from source (and it's not clear as to whether it's the one from the stable tree or the unstable tree.

If you _didn't_ do a clean install of fink, then it's quite likely that the distinction between apt-get and "fink install" is irrelevant and that you've installed locally built binaries of the packages either way.

2) How can I get a list off all packages which are dependent on glib2? (a reverse lookup of fink show-deps)

"fink remove glib2" is an easy way--every package that depends on glib2 will complain about your attempt to remove it.

--
Alexander Hansen
Fink Documentarian