David Newman wrote:
On 8/27/05 8:19 AM, "Peter O'Gorman" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
[]
Okay, as far as I know the required perl libraries are installed by fink, so
try '/sw/bin/init.sh ; gnucash & ' to lauch gnucash, and see if it still
complains.

This was bad advice (typo I guess). You don't *execute* /sw/bin/init.sh, you *source* it.

Not 'sw/bin/init.sh' but '. /sw/bin/init.sh' or, equivalently and less typo-prone, 'source /sw/bin/init.sh'

The difference is that if you *execute* it, you run it in a subshell and so all the environment variables that are set inside the script are lost upon return from the script, whereas if you *source* it, you run it in the current shell and the environment variables remain set so they can contribute to the environment for gnucash. This is what you need.

OK, I see the problem. Under the 0.8.0 binay install for Tiger,
/sw/bin/init.sh is owned by root:admin and has 0644 permissions. Users can't
initialize environment variables because they can't run the init script.

"chmod 0755 /sw/bin/init.sh" fixes this.

No, 644 is correct.

--
Martin